Saturday, October 01, 2005

We bought the shop

If you've been reading w2b's blog (and yes, the reason for there only being one blog entry from sid and the pig yesterday is because I was earning the pennies while w2b followed the workers round with a crowbar and I therefore needed some escapism in the form of XBox) you'll know that our building site of a home has been transformed into a palatial picture of luxury due to the addition of a kitchen with working appliances.

So last night we tried and failed to grocery shop. We failed. Miserably.

It was just so difficult. We've not done this for ages and therefore just stumbled around the supermarket like those dazed students you see at the start of term.

So today, we tried again. This time we got it right. Oh boy, did we get it right. We started at one end and worked our way through buying up the place. If they'd made bigger trolleys we'd still be there now.

Ah, food that you can put in the freezer. Food that you can put in the fridge. Food that needs more than one gas ring. Food that you can cook in the oven. I think our bodies are going to go into shock.

As if that wasn't enough, we returned to a fully wired (well except for one spot light in the bedroom, but this is our electrician remember - you can't have everything). So I promptly went round and switched all the lights on. Even let Sid in on the fun by changing him, including a shave in our electrically lit bathroom.

I really don't know how we're going to cope when this place is finished. Maybe as with everything, you have to experience the bad before you can fully appreciate the good.

Continuing my habit of making a half arsed attempt at a regular theme, I'll now include a bit of info about my tastes at the moment:

Currently Reading: Wizards First Rule by Terry Goodkind
Currently Playing: Morrowind
Currently Listening To: The Radio (sadly no decent hi-fi yet)

No comments:

Stuff

My ugly mug and my beautiful family Geek Stuff