Sunday, October 09, 2005

Stiff as a board

I'm really not accustomed to physical labour. Today was spent stripping the walls of the room that is going to be our bedroom. This took us from about 11:00am to about 3:00pm. Boy was it tiring.

This was followed by cleaning the bathroom. Its seemed like a bit of a fruitless task until now, what with the amount of dust and dirt blowing around the house. But after a bath last night where I wasn't sure if I came out cleaner or dirtier I decided to bite the bullet.

All in all quite a successful day. In spite of the aches and pains in my body, it being accustomed to work of a more cerebral nature (read sitting behind a desk), its good to have days like this. Not only does it make you feel more justified in slobbing out for the remainder, but it also feels like we are contributing in some small way towards turning this place into a home.

Off for a bath again in a second - as much to ease my muscles as to get clean. Hardly any XBox[1] today thanks to being too tired. So yes, w2b has done her magic once again in curbing my addiction. If you'll allow me to be sloppy for a moment, I'd just like to say that I would never have the inclination to do this kind of thing if it wasn't for her and I also wouldn't enjoy doing it so much if I didn't have her as a workmate. So no matter how frustrated I may seem while doing it, it all seems more than worthwhile at the thought of the home we are creating together and the many happy times we'll have in it.

So tired... so, so tired.

[1] For anyone who doesn't know ;) an XBox is a really nice, but getting quite old games console. I've had mine for quite a while now and am looking forward to the next generation one which comes out at the end of November. I'm looking forward more of course to having a decent living room to enjoy it in. Oh, and you need a tv to play it with Zinnia.

2 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Ah, so it's sort of like one of those playstation thingies then? I've seen those used by friends' children (I expect the friends use them too when other people aren't around). I had a go once, with some kind of driving game, but crashed so much that my pre-teen tutor could no longer guide me for laughing.

Glad you two are making so much progress on the house. And: aaaahhhh!!!

Unknown said...

Hehehe

Thanks for stopping by. Yeah - that's kind of the gist (I think that's the right spelling).

Is the aaaahhhh!!!! a reference to me getting all sloppy, cos there's plenty more where that came from? Believe it or not I actually reign myself in.

Stuff

My ugly mug and my beautiful family Geek Stuff