Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Becoming what you hate

Back when I was a bachelor I was endlessly annoyed by those couples.

You know the ones. They're so smug about how great their relationships. They spend so much time together that they are like one, single, two-headed entity.

Well, you know what?

We've become one.

We finish each other's sentences. We have this strangely amalgamated language that is a mixture of w2b's strange South Africanisms (well, her slightly odd babble anyway) and my northernness and unintelligible mumbled english.

At work, things that should be said to both of us are said to just one. People seem to accept a kind of symbiotic, telepathic link between the two of us. Half the time we're kind of interchangeable.

At home, we descend into a strange kind of babble. We'll turn to each other and make the same half-arsed comment about something we hear on the radio or see on tv.

The other day I caught myself nodding in time to some random humming that the w2b was getting up to. It wasn't even a real tune for Christ's sake.

Thing is, I kind of like it. I like to think of it as a sign of how easy life is with the two of us.

Have to say though, I pity our kids.

No comments:

Stuff

My ugly mug and my beautiful family Geek Stuff