Sunday, October 02, 2005

I love the smell of pine trees in the morning

It might just be me, but it seems that things are progressing at hyperspeed now.

Not only do we have full electrics and a first coat of render on the house, but today we started to reclaim the garden. Or rather the nice heavy duty garden service did. Its incredible to see workers actually working. Especially when they do so at such high speed.

Within the space of just a few hours, we had done our bit for global warming and lost two massive trees. It makes a massive difference. We now have light flooding into the tv room and can see all the way from the bottom of the drive to the top of the house.

All of this must have made us a bit giddy. Over the course of about quarter of an hour I had bought a home cinema mag, found an article on a really nice sounding tv and then w2b (its important that its noted that w2b did this - just in case their are future repercussions) was onto the internet and we'd bought a Plasma tv. Must give a bit of a plug for Sound and Vision here. Damn good price, quick turnaround and no delivery fee - even across the border from Bolton to North Wales.

So the checklist for what we've ordered for sheer geekish couch-potato-dom now goes as follows:

Comfy Sofa - Check
XBox 360 - Check
Plasma TV - Check

The amp and speakers may well be bought tomorrow - cos I can't go back to the old ones with all this nice kit.

...

You see what a geek I am. I've been trying so hard to keep it all in check, but once I let it loose it just gets out of control. Ah well, my secrets out.

In the same spirit:

Currently Reading: Wizards First Rule by Terry Goodkind

Currently Playing: Morrowind

Currently Listening To: Happy Mondays on the TV. God that was surreal. Not a bad track though.

No comments:

Stuff

My ugly mug and my beautiful family Geek Stuff