Thursday, October 20, 2005

Just popping in...

Been away for a bit. This has been for two reasons. One was that we had a team building event yesterday followed by a meal (read: piss-up) and the other is that w2b and I have become hooked once again to West Wing.

Since we last spoke our bed has arrived. So we have (drum roll please....)

Moved In!

The new bed is lovely as you can see. Its big and chunky and wood. More than anything though, its not a caravan.

It does draw attention to the fact that the old bit of the house is very, very wonky. But we like to think that it's all part of the charm of the place.

Thankyou, by the way Zinnia for the comment. I have to disagree with you though. I think that w2b's butt is rather lovely. But then I think all of w2b is rather lovely.

Back to the team building then. It was actually pretty good. I think it went about as well as it could given the natural British reserve and the developers' lack of enthusiasm for anything that involves sunlight.

Sid made it through the day well, although he's a little bruised. One part of the day required our group to construct a platform out of logs and rope and dangle this above a "mine field". Although people in my group new of my condition, they seemed to forget about it and decided that I should be the one to lie prone on the platform and "clear the mine field" - due primarily to the fact that I was the lightest. Subtle hints about the kind of explosion that might ensue (yes, I'm referring to poo here rather than imaginary mines) were lost on them. My natural disinclination regarding backing out of anything due to my ileostomy meant that I just dived straight in. It was only afterwards when I said that maybe picking the guy who poo'd out of his belly wasn't the best idea in the world did the penny drop.

So he was feeling a little sorry for himself today. But I've changed him and he seems a lot happier now.

So anyway, where was that West Wing DVD.

(see you once we've sated ourselves)

1 comment:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

I didn't mean w2b's butt wasn't lovely, I'm sure it's very lovely but wanted to convey that I was looking at the window not her butt - didn't want you to think I was eyeing up your bird!!! In the current, delightfully unambiguous, photo, I can say without any risk of confusion (I hope) that your bedroom looks charming indeed and, yes, the wonkiness definitely enhances that.

Stuff

My ugly mug and my beautiful family Geek Stuff