Monday, October 10, 2005

... tired of waiting...

Now that we've got through the initial going backwards period and things are going in the right direction, I'm starting to get itchy. It's just all going soooo slowly.

  • The kitchen still has to be finished off. All the delays caused by our electricians being so useless meant that the fitter could only do so much before he went on holiday. He did a damn fine job, but now we want it to be finished.
  • The bathroom... now yes, I know I raved about how well the Dolphin guy did. But we've got a bit of a leak when we have a shower. A leak that drips through the ceiling into the ground floor. Dolphin don't, as yet seem to give a shit.
  • No other rooms are finished!!! Just please, give us one room. Just one. That's all I ask for.

A lot of this down to the date. Its October now. That's about seven months since we started this escapade. We started in summer so that we wouldn't freeze our nuts off in the caravan. Nut freezing time is approaching. But we have no bedroom to sleep in.

Not only that, but it is exactly two months now to our wedding. This puts me in a really difficult position psychologically. I want the day to approach really badly. I really can't wait. I'm sure w2b's mother would like a little more time [1], but hell - I want it to happen now! But on the other hand there just seems to be a mountain to climb with the house before we go. I just can't face the prospect of coming back from South Africa to a half finished house.

Last but not least, our tv arrives tomorrow. Where the hell are we gonna put it? The builders can't walk past a piece of furniture without getting plaster on it. What damage could they do to a 42" tv?

So pardon me for ranting. I just want this all done...

NOW!

Thankyou for your time.

[1] Just re-read that and I think I might have given the wrong impression. Mil2b (Mother-in-law to be, may have to rethink that - sounds like something out of American Pie) is really enthusiastic about our wedding. It's just what with her being in SA, she's been saddled with a lot of the wedding planning.

2 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

It's a nightmare. We had a major renovation of just a quarter of our house last year which took almost five months and was hell on wheels - we did have heated spaces to live in, but they were all full of the things from the rooms being renovated so it wasn't exactly comfortable, and the kitchen was out of commission for most of that time, and the DUST!!!!! The good news is that when it's all over you quickly forget just how horrible it was. And it WILL get done, and you WILL get married, and it WILL all be worth it!

Unknown said...

Thanks Zinnia, you've just reminded me of the dust. I think there'll be a whole blog entry devoted to the various colours of snot I've produced one day.

Oh and I can see why w2b likes you now. You're nice. You can stay.

Stuff

My ugly mug and my beautiful family Geek Stuff