Monday, October 03, 2005

Its our anniversary

Well one of them, anyway...

Its exactly two years to the day since w2b and I first met. So I guess its story time again.

W2b was a newly appointed administrator for one our clients. Back in those days it was part of my responsibility to train administrators. She was in London and I was in Chester. So off I toddled with The Bitch That No Longer Works For Us (oh, now there's a story for another blog) the afternoon before for her training. We started drinking on the train. We then had a meal at a restaurant run by TBTNLWFU's friend in Covent Garden. She was getting drunk and becoming quite boring company so I phoned up my best friend from Uni, who lives and works in London to see if he wanted to meet up for a couple.

TBTNLWFU turned in around ten but I had quite a few months of catching up to do (remember this was the year that Sid was born). My mate and I eventually stopped some time after midnight in the hotel bar.

Then it was up at around seven to find our way to w2b's place of work. We struggled our way through breakfast and then stumbled into her office around nine. TBTNLWFU was so hung over she could barely focus on the monitor screen. I mumbled my way through the training, which luckily passed by pretty quickly (w2b's pretty bright, you know).

We got on. Conversation wasn't forced at all. TBTNLWFU commented afterwards that w2b and I chatted about things that she couldn't follow. Maybe it was just her hangover. Or the fact that she was thick as pig shit. I remember thinking vaguely that w2b was quite attractive, but had to admit to not being focused enough to think much more. TBTNLWFU was feeling pretty ill by the afternoon and had to go back to lie down. I got roped into some additional work by w2b's kind of boss. Somehow I ended up telling him about Sid.

After that, I went back to Chester on my own. Tired, feeling the usual sense of satisfaction from a successful day with a client.

Romantic, eh?

Little did I know that the hour or so I spent with w2b would change my life. But that's for a later date.

Suffice to say that the random nature of our meeting almost made me - Mr logical, atheist, rationalist - start to believe in fate.

It probably ranks as the most important day of my life.

No comments:

Stuff

My ugly mug and my beautiful family Geek Stuff