Friday, October 14, 2005

Hey, long time no see

Howzit!

Yes, I know I've been away. I can assure you that it wasn't anything personal. There's no excuse really, I'm just a lazy git.

So what's been going on? Well something and nothing really. House is still continuing it's glacier-like progress towards being finished. We've got some windows in. We've got doors upstairs (you've got to see the door for the bedroom - it's so cute). This weekend will be spent sanding walls and if we're lucky painting them.

Yesterday one of w2b's friends and his boyfriend came over to visit. Admittedly, we couldn't be particularly hospitable (not having much of a house to have them stay) but luckily there's a rather nice, charming (well... kind of twee, but hey we were catering for foreigners) hotel down a little footpath from our house.

So last night we went out for a meal and once again I was blown away by just how great w2b's friends are. I always feel a little worried when meeting one for the first time. I am after all the one who is keeping her away from them in this dreary little country. So I'd better pass muster. This worry instantly fades when I realise that her friends are some of the warmest, most caring people you could ever meet. I have yet to meet one that has not impressed me with how quickly they feel like they are my friends too.

Anyway, I'm rambling as usual and The West Wing starts soon. God I love that show. One day I'll tell you just how obsessively in love with it we are and the DVD binges that we've had.

LoveYaBye (as my beloved so charmingly put it)

No comments:

Stuff

My ugly mug and my beautiful family Geek Stuff