Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Two steps forward...

Now that I've got my lengthy story out of the way, I've finally got a chance to talk about what's going on now rather than just what's gone before.

Guess what... its a struggle. Kind of got out of the habit for a while. So bear with me.

Been a good day today.

Work was interesting, a day where I could actually focus on what I'm in the job for rather than documenting procedures and policy. Tough, frustrating and stressful but rewarding and quite fun when you look back on it.

The real news though is that we've actually seen signs of progress. Most obvious of all is that we have heat. Glorious 21st century heat. According to the dinky thermostat that comes with the huge heater we're now up to a balmy 17 degrees in new money.

Managed to spend over a grand in an hour, which was fun. We've invested in a really gorgeous hand made bed (if I plug them, do you think they'll give me a discount? Worth a try, we got it from a lovely shop called Langhorns). Problem with me, once I start spending I can't stop. So it was onto the net to buy an XBox 360... and a game for it... and then a game for w2b's lappy to keep her away from my new purchase (joke!).

Hopefully, by the time all these things arrive we'll have something a bit more resembling a home to put them in.

Don't think the bed will fit in the caravan...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want an xBox 360 too, but all the available bundles are god awful expensive...yikes!

Stuff

My ugly mug and my beautiful family Geek Stuff