Thursday, September 22, 2005

Honestly, the house really is falling down


Broken down house
Originally uploaded by Sid and the pig.
See, I bet you didn't believe me. All these weeks I've been going on about the state of the house and how we live in a building site.

Now I've got proof.

This is the view we were greeted with when we popped back to see the builder at lunch time. Seems underneath the render the lack of lintels and the shoddy brickwork was a little worse than we first suspected.

The pile of bricks on the scaffolding is what used to be wall in between the ground floor window and the first floor window.

You've got to love old buildings.

Tip for anyone thinking of buying an old house:

Don't get one with render on it!

The backstory will be completed tomorrow (I hope). I've actually got a day off. W2b isn't happy. She's got to work. Will try not to rub it in too much.

I've got a day o-off... I've got a day o-off. La La La

No comments:

Stuff

My ugly mug and my beautiful family Geek Stuff