Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Dangerous profession

Coal miners get dodgy lungs. Carpet fitters get dodgy knees. Brick layers get arthritic fingers (according to our builder anyway).

We geeks get bad backs.

After the weekend's exersion (painting, remember) and the aches and pains yesterday I woke up this morning with much soreness. The whole top of my back, along the shoulders was stiff as a board. So I went into work but it just kept getting worse. My back felt like it was seizing up with tight muscles all down.

So here I am, lying in bed.

Has given me a chance to catch up on "Extras". All the disruption around moving house meant that we missed it first time round. So we popped out and bought it on Sunday.

On to the third episode now and while it's not "The Office", it is good. Glad I'm watching it on my own though. W2b finds Ricky Gervais' stuff excrutiating. She likes it and thinks it's funny, but insists on doing other stuff while it's on. Think it's so she can hide her face whenever it gets too painful.

So anyway, back to the deev. Will try and find a position to lie in that means that my back will sort itself out.

Thanks for the comment Zinnia. You do realise you've opened a whole can of stalking related worms now?

2 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

"stalking related worms"... hmmm... there's a joke in there somewhere, but I can't quite work it out. And anyway, I only have one thing to say to you. And that is: osteopath. You Know It Makes Sense! (Okay, okay, that was more than one thing. It's true, I am terminally verbose.)

Unknown said...

Thanks Zinnia. Way ahead of you (or at least w2b is). Got an appointment booked for Tuesday next week.

Stuff

My ugly mug and my beautiful family Geek Stuff