Tuesday, November 22, 2005

As positive as you can be...

So the trying was fun while it lasted. My soldiers have performed their duty admirably and we were rewarded last week with a dim +. The + has grown stronger and stronger these past days.

Admittedly it's very early days but we're really happy. If a little stressed and nervous.

W2b has consulted all the websites and knows (at least in theory) what the next few months hold for us. This is all provided it all goes to plan of course. Hold thumbs as those foreigners say.

Only thing is - where does that leave me?

I'm trying to do my best in my usual ham fisted way. I'm working hard to navigate the slightly heightened emotion, whether these be hormone induced or just through the nervous, apprehensive excitement that we're going through at the moment. I'm trying wherever possible to make her life as easy and stress free as possible.

But it all seems a bit... inadequate.

Lets face it. My biological job was done over the course of a few minutes a couple of weeks ago. So it's no wonder I (no doubt like a lot of other dads-to-be out there) feel like a bit of a fifth wheel. I want to be useful, but what can I do?

Guess I'll just have to resolve to not make w2b's part in this any harder than it has to be. Oh, and to do what she's done already and scour the internet for as much information as I can find.

2 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Go out hunting for strawberries in February when she gets a craving, rub her back/feet on request, do any heavy lifting, arrange a last just-the-two-of-you holiday for the second trimester, accompany her to all the ante-natal classes, work flat out to get the house finished in time... I don't think you'll be short of contributions to make!

Unknown said...

Thanks Zinnia.

Guess I asked for that ;)

Stuff

My ugly mug and my beautiful family Geek Stuff