Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Feeling much better, thanks :)

I've cheered up a lot since yesterday, you'll no doubt be pleased to hear.

Not sure why. Its been a bit of a miserable day, with that oppressive feeling that it needs a storm. Work has been uneventful but quite busy, it being the end of a month and everything.

Think its just a feeling that something's got to change soon.

While Lovely Bathroom Guy has been ticking along in his usual methodical way, bless 'im. He's slow but his work so far has been fantastic. You can already see that the tiling is going to be very nice.

Nice (but slightly intimidating) Kitchen Guy has been bending over to do what he can without the room being prepared, admittedly at a cost that we'll be passing on to our builder/electrician. There's not much evidence yet of him having done anything, but he sounds convincing enough!

I think its just that both of us (w2b and I) have got to the stage where we're angry enough to let the polite facade fade and our Hyde, side get out. So its time for w2b to take over the project management and bring out her supply of wup-ass and a tin opener.

In other news (my way of saying I'm at least as tired of this project as you are, dear reader)...

Gamba and Zulu are doing well but still seem unable to grasp the concept of going out to the toilet. They're gonna have to learn soon, because they can't go in the kitchen anymore.

I finished Harry Potter (and the Half-Blood Prince) the other night, but forgot to mention it in my rant yesterday. There's something incredibly comfortable and comforting about Harry Potter. I know it has its critics (w2b isn't much of a fan), but I always find them a rollicking read and a cozy alternative to most books. Finishing this one left me with a strange feeling though. Maybe its because the author has played around with the formula a little this time. The books are feeling increasingly grown up and dark these days. The ending in particular was very downbeat.

So I'm going to need another book, given our limited entertainment facilities.

I've singed up for FlickR which means that as soon as we can dig out or buy another firewire cable you may actually have some pics to alleviate the tedium of my ramblings. Perhaps something to illustrate our interesting lifestyle is in order...

Sid is well behaved today, though he did wake me up in the middle of the night. He has his usual tendency to fart at inappropriate moments, but tends to keep himself to himself most of the time. Most people don't even know he's there.

No comments:

Stuff

My ugly mug and my beautiful family Geek Stuff