Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

So we went along for our scan.

Pig (I'm sick of calling her The Wife - seems so impersonal) clambered onto the table. The radiographer put the jelly on her belly and started searching around for a baby.

"So, I hear you're a bit worried it might be twins then?"
"Yes" We both replied.

Blurred images faded in and out of view as the ultrasound burrowed its way through Pig's tum.

"Well..." the radiographer said.

A baby came into view. There was something indistinct to it's right. It started to coalesce into something more recognisable. Yup... you've guessed it.

Another baby.

We didn't know whether to laugh or cry. So we decided to do both (me mainly laughing, pig mainly crying).

Another twenty minutes or so of poking around, with a second radiographer coming in to help and it was well and truly confirmed.

Twins.

As far as they can tell, identical twins.

We've spent the afternoon talking to relatives and otherwise being stunned. A baby was always going to be hard work. As happy as we are (and believe me, we are happy), we just can't imagine how much hard work twins are going to be.

I'll post something that makes a bit more sense next time.

Until then, here are some pictures - I hope you can make them out. They make a lot more sense when they're moving.

1 comment:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Please let me be the first to say - Double Trouble!! (Apparently parents of twins get this a lot, and get heartily sick of it.) But really, it sounds like great news to me. Although I have to say it is probably just as well you rehomed the dogs. Will be reading avidly over the next few months to find out how everything goes.

Stuff

My ugly mug and my beautiful family Geek Stuff